Power Strip with USB, Anker PowerPort Cube with 3 Outlets and 3 USB Ports, Portable, 5 ft Extension Cord, Overload Protection for iPhone XS/XR, Compact for Travel, Cruise Ship and Office [UL Listed]

  • One for All: 3 AC outlets and 3 USB ports power everything on your desk from a single compact hub (18W max output from the USB ports and 1250W from the AC outlets).
  • High-Speed Charging: Deliver an optimized charge to USB devices with Anker's world-renowned PowerIQ technology.
  • Compact and Portable: Less than 2 ½ cubic inches, for maximum space-saving at home or in your travel bag.
  • Superior Safety: Overload protection and a fire-retardant casing ensure complete protection for you and your devices.
  • What You Get: PowerPort Cube, welcome guide, worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

It's a great device and does what it does well, but the adhesive disc they include don't hold the item up very well. Fell off the bottom of my desk by the end of the first day. Customer service is outstanding though, thus the 5 star rating.

I had to have extension cords all over my room for all my electronics. It was a hassle and a fire hassard. Then I found this little cube. It powers my cordless phone, my light pad, my Cpap and two cell phone chargers. Wow. This puts everything in one place for me. No more having something in the room come unplugged. If you have a lot of electronics in a small place, you need this power cube!!

I own the previous model and while very useful it was sometimes clumsy to take along in a backpack or suitcase. The new rounded design solves that issue. So far, everyone who sees it wants one of their own. I read a review where someone shared that a black version in addition to the white would be good and I agree. Just as a heads up, I have already had one of the two I purchased stolen. Apparently it was SO desired by someone they felt the need to trade and sacrifice their morals and ethics to have one of these for their very own. Odd thing is, if they had asked me I probably would have given it to them. Had a small but nagging issue with the button to turn on and off the USB ports. Sometimes I had to press the button twice to activate it. It was intermittent but it sort of bugged me. The Anker rep wanted me to have nothing less than a perfect experience with the product and I certainly agreed. Although they were backordered the rep went the extra mile to make sure I had a replacement as soon as they became available. I wish every product and every company was as good as Anker.

Up front: I'm giving this 5 stars, because it wouldn't be fair to downgrade it for a cord length that I knew when I bought it. Now, after four months of use, on to the specifics. I was initially ticked that my Note 8 didn't indicate that it was fast-charging when plugged into a USB port on this cube, but it turns out that even though my phone doesn't say it's fast-charging, it actually is charging at least as quickly as with one of my Samsung proprietary Fast Charging bases. The build and materials quality are obviously quite high, from the wall plug to the cord to the cube itself. The cord is stiff, in the sense that it's not going to crimp or kink. I fully expect that this will be in excellent shape long after USB A is obsolete. The standard (AC 120V) receptacles are nice and tight, so I've had no issues with grounded or two-prong plugs coming loose or falling out of them. Even so, it's not unnecessarily difficult to unplug things. The USB receptacles also hold cords quite firmly, and the button that turns USB power on and off is out of the way, yet accessible. There's really not much more to it. It's very functional, attractive, UL-listed (I won't buy any electrical power device that isn't fully ETL, UL, or both), and a good piece. It was well worth the money I spent on it.

Update: AnkerDirect contacted me about why I was unhappy with the product, which is not how my review should be interpreted. I do like the product as is and it is not extremely revolutionary but I would simply prefer a black color version and if possible tweak the design a bit to have a flat plug so that it is flat against the wall instead of pointing out. Their customer service is great and is one of the reasons why I enjoy Anker and their products. With electronics and cables, you get what you pay for and Anker does its best to make sure the consumer gets true value in their products. This frame/idea of a powerstrip has been done before but in tower form, but it being small and compact means it can be tucked away easy. With other power strips, some ports are blocked by the power bricks that come with certain devices, the cube solves that and more with the 3 included usb ports. I just wish it had an angled plug instead of one that sticks out. Also, Anker, when is this coming out in black?

I cam across this under todays deals and it seemed to good to be true. I was hesitant that the usb ports would provide enough power to charge my Galaxy S9 Plus and a Galaxy Tab 2 at the same time. I was and am very happy to report it does charge both devices as normal. I am very happy with the PowerPort Cube

This is my new favorite item. I bought it because I go between offices a lot, and it is hard to get my cable down the back of the desk. Plus i have to crawl under it to get it plugged in. Not anymore though. Now I have this plugged in, and anytime i go back to my desk, I simply plug in from the top. It works great. The cord is nice and thick and well made. The USB ports on the top are nice as well. I usually find myself charging my phone midday, and have always just used my computer. So having a convenient plug for the phone is a lot better. Especially when it means getting full amps. The small cube design makes it easy to keep on the desk, or behind a tv or something without taking up too much room. Just note that this is a power strip, not a surge protector. a 90 degree plug would be a nice change, but it isnt worth me taking any stars off from my perspective. I keep mine plugged into the back of a UPS, so it isnt a problem. But it would be nice to have that for a behind the tv type option.

This is a really nifty power strip type product. It's compactness and brilliant cube design means it works much better than your regular power strip. Sure you only get 3 outlets, but that is all I needed. What's cool about this is that I have the cube sit on my desk (and hey it looks pretty cool too, like a futuristic powerport dice) and it takes up barely any room and the 5 feet cord means plenty of cordage to run the cube to the outlet below. Being able to have readily available outlets next to me on my desk for both USB and laptop charging and whatever else I may need to plug in, is just ridiculously convenient. I love this thing. It being compact means it's super portable too should you need to take it with you on a trip (think plugging into the one outlet you may have access to on an airplane or a bus and now having 3 instead). Overall, if you don't need a ton of outlets and just a few more extra ones, this is the way to go. Way better than the conventional clunky power strips of the past days.

The cube is the usual high Anker quality and looks very nice. Would be great on a desk or counter. About the size of a baseball it would be good to throw in a suitcase but a touch large in a backpack. Also, what a great company! I had sent in some design thoughts and they actually reached back out to me. Very unexpected!

the adhesive is not strong enough for the weight of the device, resulting in it falling down Update 8/30: following the above review, I received a very nice email from Anker, offering me a refund and the shipping of an updated version of the powerport with a new adhesive that according to them fixes the issue. When I will have recieved it - sometimes in Sept - I will update my review accordingly I added 1 star to my review in the meantime Update 9/16: I added 1 star to my review following receipt of the new product with the new adhesive. I am impressed by how much this company cares about its customers and its reviews AND act on them. The new adhesive is clearly strong enough: I have installed it last week and it holds everything. Just one word of caution for others: I am using it on the back of a piece of furniture to hold the cube - so no risk of damage if I want to move it. But I would not be comfortable using it on a wall, as the adhesive does seem really strong. Anyway, great product, great quality, and perfect solution to provide plenty of power behind a piece of furniture

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gaggia 14101 Classic Semi-Automatic Espresso Maker. Pannarello Wand for Latte and Cappuccino Frothing. Brews for Both Single and Double Shots.

@bilgamesh is not bright

History Deaths on June 28