Gibraltar Stanley (ST200000) Post Mount Jumbo Mailbox, Galvanized Steel - Silver Gray

  • Extra-Large capacity fits multiple packages, boxes, and padded envelopes, packages and boxes
  • Heavy-Duty galvanized steel construction provides strength, stability and resisting rust
  • Grey powder-coated finish is rust-resistant to withstand the elements
  • The mailbox also comes fully assembled, making installation faster and easier
  • Includes an aluminum outgoing mail flag
  • Security: Non-Locking; Capacity: 3175 cubic in. & Weight:11.5 lbs.
  • Dimensions: 15H x 11.7W x 24.8D Inches
  • Warranty: 90 Day Limited; Made in the USA

I ordered the black version of this mailbox and I am very happy with it. I know there have been many complaints about the metal being too thin but mine is reasonably sturdy. I would have to deliberately punch it or strike it fairly hard with an object in order to dent it. It appears that there might be different versions of this mailbox — some of which are made of thinner metal. Another complaint I have seen posted is that the door hinge is poorly assembled. However, the hinge on mine is well constructed and should last for many years. Minor Complaint: I have only one minor complaint and that is the paint job isn't perfect. The underside of the mailbox has some areas that were missed. Also, there is some overspray on the inside, but since the mailbox is made of galvanized metal it won't affect its longevity. I consider neither much of a problem. Hint: There are no instructions on how to connect the flag. However, it's fairly straightforward. For those who need help, I have included photos of how I attached mine. The most important points are to put the plastic washer on the outside of the mailbox and to make certain the flange on the metal flag is pointing outward to prevent it from scratching your new mailbox. I know some of you might be dismayed to see that the hinge on the flag is made of plastic, but don't let that keep you from buying this mailbox. To me, it feels like it's made out of nylon. Nylon is a very tough plastic that lasts for many years — even in harsh conditions. Additional Hint: I used a 6 x 6 x 5-1/2 foot piece of cedar for the pole. The base under the mailbox is a 2 x 12 x 21-1/2" piece of hardwood scrap that I picked up for free from a nearby construction site. If you cut 1/4" off one of the sides it will fit the bottom of the mailbox perfectly. (I used a circular saw and cut it very slowly.) I then attached the base to the pole using five, 3-1/2 screws. When you mount the mailbox to the base, be sure and leave a gap at the front end, otherwise, the lid won't completely open. I then used red roofing screws to mount the mailbox to the base. One final suggestion, to protect the wood pole and base against harsh conditions (rain, snow, dry hot weather), I treated them with linseed oil and let them sit for a few days before I put everything together. This mailbox has some ribbing in the metal, but it's mild enough that it shouldn't cause any problems if you wish to attach a vinyl address decal. I have ordered one and will provide an update in a few months on how well it has adhered to the mailbox. UPDATE: I attached an address decal to this mailbox and didn't encounter any problems. The decal looks great and has adhered well. And just in case you are wondering, yes, that is a gallon-sized plastic milk bottle inside the mailbox. As you can see, this a very large mailbox! It's perfect for USPS delivered packages that you don't want to have the mailman leave on your porch in bad weather. I purchased my mailbox from CKO Enterprises and would buy another from them should this one get damaged.

This mailbox is wonderful! I have an 1100 foot driveway - unfortunately full of potholes in the winter. I purchase most everything (except my regular groceries) on the internet. I have had to pickup from the post office most of my packages because they were too large for a standard mailbox - well not any more! It fits a medium sized mailing box - added bonus - no more curved books from the mailman (bending them to fit the old box)! I do recommend the adapter for installing the box onto a standard mailbox stand the bottom is very large - the box is wobbly if not properly supported. Again l recommend this mailbox to anyone who receives packages that are a little (honestly alot) larger than the standard mailbox can handle. Door opens smoothly, side flage operates nicely - easy to move up or down and stays put once moved, capacity is surprisingly large, and - nicely painted (which is important with wet weather). This box has been a money saver for me (no trips to the post office since I purchased it) - overall an excellent value! A well loved mailbox - here in the country.

I bought this bc the postmaster suggested i get a larger mailbox (bc of my amazon prime addiction and daily package deliveries--true story). I haven't installed this monster yet, but when I do, I plan to paint a bullseye on the sides of it bc it will NO DOUBT be the largest mailbox on my highway, if not the state. Would be nice if the manufacturer included a "bullseye" or "baseball" decal. In reference to the negative reviews, the instructions clearly state that one must use pliers to adjust the clasp for proper closure. For the price, I can't imagine a better value, even if it rusts within a year.

Nice solid huge mailbox. I recently became a postman and after seeing and experiencing the frustration of having to get out and run to the front door just to deliver a package that would not fit in the mailbox...I bought this. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE WHO IS READING THIS RIGHT NOW SHOULD DEFINITELY BUY THIS MAILBOX!!! Not only will you be happy, but your postman will be overjoyed. If everyone got a mailbox this size on my route i would probably save an hour of my time because usually I get a butt load of packages

Pictures do not do this mailbox justice! It's humongous! My husband actually sent me a picture of it next to the toilet to try to show scale, asking "why on earth did you get such a big mailbox?". I got it because a) some jerk hit ours and dented it, and b) I was feeling bad for the post man who has to walk all 72 steps up to my door every other day in order to drop off packages. With the exception of a few large scale boxes, I have no doubt that the majority of my packages will now fit inside it. Other than size, it really is your standard issue mailbox. Nothing fancy, just metal painted a shiny black like the majority of those that line my street. At only $10 more than those less than half its size, I expected nothing more so I'm certainly not disappointed. And neither are my cats, who immediately climbed inside it when I opened it up. I'm honestly considering buying another so they can have a cool little cat house.

Well, it's definitely got size. My husband thinks it's obnoxiously large but I ship out a lot of packages daily, and this holds most of them. I do wish the flag was on the other size, but I'm not sure if mailboxes even come that way. The main problem I had is it was a little bent in the corner, presumably in shipping. If it's bad enough, it may cause problems closing the door and keeping it shut. When I installed it to my 4x4 post, I wasn't sure exactly how to go about that, so I bought a metal bracket that attaches to the post and bolts to pre-drilled holes in the bottom of the mailbox. I do NOT recommend doing this, because I've learned that the size of this mailbox allows for a lot of flexing in the sheet metal, and the door will pop open on windy days. I've lost some of those packages and had to reissue the order because of it. Anyway, if you buy this, get some 1x12 wood and attached that to your post, then set the mailbox on top of that. It will sit covering it, and you will see pre-drilled holes on the lower side flanges. Screw it to the board with that and you'll have a very sturdy mailbox that stays shut and doesn't wobble around.

This is one huge mail box. Seen the other posting where someone looked like they could almost fit a kid in it. So used it as a neat photo the baby didnt want to get out. She liked the sound when she kicked her feet in it. We love this mail box kid approved.

Mailbox Came in Perfect Condition. Double Boxed by Amazon. My old mailbox was normal, but underneath was an adjustable bracket set that was easy to adapt to even this Huge Beast. Now all my incoming and outgoing mail will have no problems! best $30-some bucks ive spent in awhile. My impressions of the construction is good, not too heavy or light for its size. painless switching with old box. Here is my old standard mailbox compared to this new one.

This is exactly what it looks like: the larges mailbox allowed by regulations, a typical giant rural route box. It DOES have a latch. The latch is on the inside so it will not rust! It is a bendable piece of steel that wedges on the inside lip of the box and holds the door securely. It's pretty neat! The flag is kinda chintzy plastic, but it does have adjustable tension. We'll see how well it holds up in the sun. After a month, I gotta say this mailbox is just perfect.

I love this thing! It's soo big my 2 year old can easily fit in it (see pics)! Due to my hectic work schedule, I might not be able to collect my mail everyday and with my old mail box it would be overflowing at the seams after a day or 2. Now with this bad boy I don't have to worry as much. Also, I've notice a lot less of my packages are dented/banged up. I've only had it on a short time but so far things are great. It's not as heavy duty as I'd like but for 30 bucks it's worth it. I have attached before and after pics of my old box with this monster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gaggia 14101 Classic Semi-Automatic Espresso Maker. Pannarello Wand for Latte and Cappuccino Frothing. Brews for Both Single and Double Shots.

@bilgamesh is not bright

History Deaths on June 28